It’s been awhile since I’ve published a newsletter. Marketing when busy is one of the hardest things to do as a small business owner! I have been really busy with work and backpacking trips, as well as downsizing to a small condo and then completely redesigning the kitchen.
But 2021 and 2022 brought some great moments:
- Reconnecting with longtime friends on projects for QLabs and Community Care of West Virginia
- Making new friends at Art Emporium and WV Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association
- Reconnecting with former clients at WV Housing Development Fund and Accenture
- Completing two sustainability consulting projects with ZMM Architects & Engineers
- Designing four residential projects
- Designing five healthcare projects
With the Appalachian Mountain Club, I led trips to beautiful places: an early spring women’s trip to Sky Meadows State Park in VA, a bike-packing trip on the Pine Creek Rail Trail in PA, and an Appalachian Trail dayhike to Raven Rocks in VA. I helped teach backpacking skills to beginners in cold rain at The Summit Bechtel Reserve, and led a trip on the Finger Lakes Trail near Ithaca, NY in record-setting heat. We also inventoried 100 campsites in Dolly Sods Wilderness for the WV Highlands Conservancy and the U.S. Forest Service.
The big news, though, happens this year:
Watkins Design Works’ 10-year anniversary!
I’m so grateful for my parents, my sister, my friends and colleagues, and of course my clients.
I hope we can get together throughout the year and celebrate!